STS Mission Statement
To develop well-balanced students for a life of purpose by inspiring excellence in scholarship, leadership and character.
STS Vision Statement
A leading educator recognized nationally and internationally for delivering exceptional programs in a unique setting, with an enduring sense of community.
Values are fundamental principles and beliefs that serve as implicit criteria guiding all actions and decision-making. Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School's values include:
STS Guiding Principles
Our School community reflects the pride of shared purpose and love of learning in a values-based environment, where each child is respected as an individual.
- We believe in developing well-balanced individuals in an environment that emphasizes academic rigour, leadership, character development, self-expression, physical fitness, service and a global perspective;
- We uphold our values;
- We stimulate a collaborative learning environment while empowering our students through the development of critical and independent thinking by means of a challenging and balanced curriculum built on a foundation of core knowledge and subjects and an appropriate use of technology;
- We provide opportunities to explore and develop an appreciation for outdoor pursuits, the arts and speech & debate;
- We promote physical fitness, health and well-being;
- We appreciate and respect diversity;
- We foster strong inter-personal relationships between parents, students, faculty/staff and alumni in a safe and nurturing community;
- We treasure our strong sense of family and community, and;
- We believe the safety of our students is paramount.